Travel analyst OAG has just revealed its punctual airlines and airports for 2018, naming the airlines and airports with the world’s best timekeeping.
Here is a quick summary from the original article on CNN Travel:
Most punctual airlines
1. airBaltic (90.01%). (Top Mainline Airline and Top Airline in Europe).
2. Hong Kong Airlines (88.83%). (Top Airline in Asia-Pacific).
3. Hawaiian Airlines (87.24%). (Top Airline in North America).
4. Copa Airways (86.39%). (Top Airline in Latin America).
5. Qantas Airways (86.18%).
6. Japan Airlines (85.27%). (Top Mega Airline).
7. Vueling Airlines (85.35%). (Top Low-Cost Carrier).
8. Jetstar Asia (85.08%).
9. Skymark Airlines (85.00%).
10. Aer Lingus (84.46%).
Qatar Airways, in 15th place with an OTP of 82.95%, is the Top Airline in the Middle East and Africa category.
For the third year in a row, the most punctual mega airport (30 million+ seats) is Japan’s Tokyo Haneda (86.75%).
The top major airport (20 – 30 million seats) is Minneapolis-Saint Paul (85.72%) while the top large airport (10 – 20 million seats) is Japan’s Osaka Airport (88.45%).
The UK’s Birmingham Airport is the top medium airport (5 – 10 million seats), with on-time performance of 89.52%.
Spain’s Tenerife North is the top small airport (2.5 – 5 million seats), with 90.05% of flights arriving or departing on schedule.